Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Ponyhedge

Pony girl, ride, ride away
I knew you'd break my heart someday...

Some folks get the call to go
Some folks are bound to stay...


{Pony Girl -- Fun Home} 

In 2010, in a small pasture in Lincoln, Massachusetts, broken-down rocking horses began to appear. The small collection has been dubbed “Ponyhenge” and has become a place for people to deposit their old hobby horses for a new life in this peculiar art-ish display. 

Much like the real Stonehenge, no one knows the real story, but once one was left in the field more came. Their arrangement is changed from time to time apparently and a few even had knitted caps on on this chilly winter's day. 

Amazingly, no one takes them away – the arrangement only changes and grows. The family whose land Ponyhenge sits on loves the attraction. They told the Boston Globe in 2015, “There was something lovely about it being anonymous, and now every time we go away, another one appears.”

This may be one of the most amazing local sites I've seen. It was eery and beautiful. Sad and hopeful. A must see in Lincoln for sure!

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

NCSue said... {Reply}

What a cool place - and I'm so glad you shared the background, as I was certainly wondering about these photos.
Thanks for sharing this delightful place at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2018/02/more-from-nasher-art-museum.html

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I'm intrigued by this! I love the photos too.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

I don't know if I should be in awe or creeped out! Very interesting! Fun find!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

What the heck?!! How weird and wonderful!

Tom said... {Reply}

...how cool, this reminds me of this:
http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/2015/08/horsing-around.html
thanks for stopping by.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That looks like a super cool place to hang out.

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Who this place looks interesting Tamar, you captured some beautiful shots :)

Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at The Wednesday Link Up.Hope to see you again soon :)

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Magical and a bit sad at the same time...

betty-NZ said... {Reply}

How kooky and fun! Such a fabulous idea!

Ida said... {Reply}

Oh so glad I caught this post. These were wonderful. I loved photos #4 & #6 along with the one you did for 52 Frames. - I hope people continue to contribute to this display. I would like to have seen a close-up of the black/orange horse in photo #5. Maybe you could go back again and take more photos.